The best way to enjoy nature and the peace that the mountain offers near Athens, with your family and friends, is a hike to Penteli, Imittos, or Parnitha. The Mountains offer a variety of vegetation and an amazing view of the capital of Greece and the Saronic Sea.
From the hardest to the easiest trail, discover exceptional landscapes, and untouched nature. Alone or with friends, and family, discover the best hikes around Athens.
Many hidden and interesting places, such as churches, monasteries, caves, and quarries, are connected by paths and dirt roads. Crossing pine trees forests or landscapes with low vegetation, places for rest and picnics are linked by hiking paths that are ideal for a half excursion in Athens.
According always to the season you visit Greece and the weather, you can choose the walking route that you prefer and with our guides, you can explore different parts of the Athens peninsula.
Treat yourself to unforgettable moments!
- (Mount Imittos) Saketa Military Camp
- (There is an obscure sign indicating “Στρατόπεδο Σακέτα” on the right side of the road).
- (Mount Penteli) Parking Lot Sibligades
- (Near the Aghios Ioannis Latomos Shrine.)
- (Mount Parnitha) Parking lot of Cable car.
- Saketa Camp – Karavi’ Climbing Field – Drakospito – Saketa Camp
- 2 hours
- Parking lot Daveli cave – Simpligades Crag – St John Latomos Little church- Parking lot Daveli cave
- 1 ½ – 2 hours
- Parking lot of Parnitha’s Cable car – Bafi refuge – Parking lot of Patnitha’s Cable Car.
- 4 hours
- bottle of water
- sports shoes and sports clothes
- rain jacket.
- 30 €/pp for 5 – 6 participants
- 45 €/pp for min 4 participants
- 60 €/pp for min 3 participants
- 80 €/pp for 2 participants
- English Speaking Guide