Rock climbing is a really exciting sport that sharpens the mind and body, rewarding you at the end of the day with amazing views. This is especially true in the Mountains of Imittos and Penteli very close to Athens. Even if you’re a beginner with an adventurous spirit, you can still climb with the True Adventure team.
The rock-climbing routes in Karavi and Simpligades Crags are on different types of limestone rock, which are very famous among the local climbers. In total there are over 40 bolted climbing areas, with grades up to 8a.
During the last few years, a number of new climbing fields have been discovered and they have been equipped with new routes and many possibilities for all levels of climbers.
Rock climbing is a great activity whether you are an experienced climber or not. If you choose Mount Penteli or Immitos for your climbing experience, you will be rewarded with the most wonderful view. The view of the city of Athens and the Saronic Sea. The climbing spots are very close to Athens and they are waiting for you with your families and friends.
- bottle of water
- sports shoes and sports clothes
- rain jacket
- (Karavi crag Imittos) Saketa Military Camp (there is an obscure sign indicating “Στρατόπεδο Σακέτα” on the right side of the road).
- (Simpligades Crag Penteli) Parking Lot Sibligades (near the Aghios Ioannis Latomos Shrine.)
- 40 €/pp for 5 – 6 participants
- 60 €/pp for min 4 participants
- 80 €/pp for min 3 participants
- 100 €/pp for 2 participants
- English Speaking Guide
- All safety equipment